Besides the default placeholders, you can also create custom fields to be used as placeholders in your templates.
What are placeholders?
Placeholders help you personalize your emails. While creating an email template, insert the placeholders in your emails. Klenty will automatically replace them with the prospect’s information.
Klenty has default prospect fields that you can use as placeholders. Here’s how you can create custom fields to use as placeholders in your email templates.
Prospect Custom Fields
You can create custom fields for prospects if you need additional fields. Here’s how you can add a custom prospect field and use it in a template.
- Go to Settings and click on Custom Fields in the Prospects section.
- Insert the name of the fields and click on Save.
- Once done, make sure to insert values into these fields while importing your prospects.
- While creating an email template, use the placeholder icon on the toolbar to view the list of default and custom fields.
User Custom Fields
You can use User Custom Fields to create placeholders for specific words that you use in your emails that will be unique to each user in a team.
Note: 1. These aren’t part of your prospect fields and will not replace prospect field placeholders.
2. If you share templates with team members, Klenty will only replace the placeholders if they have also created the custom Field.
Here’s how you can add a custom user field and use it in a template.
- Go to Settings and click on User custom fields in the User section.
- Click on Add new.
- In Field – enter a name of your choosing.
- In value – enter your unique value. Your team members will need to repeat these steps and enter their unique value here.
- Click on Save once done.
- While creating an email template, use the placeholder icon at the toolbar and click on the user fields tab to insert the fields you created.